OUR SERVICE PROCESS
We aim to make buying quality composite decking both easy and helpful. Generally, our sales process follows the following sequential process, explained in more detail below.
- INITIAL ENQUIRY
- SEND OUT SAMPLES
- PREPARE A QUOTATION
- FINALISE ORDER
- DELIVER PRODUCT
1. INITIAL ENQUIRY
An initial expression of interest in DECKER Composites can be made in a number of ways:
- Through completing an enquiry form on our website (www.decker.com.au)
- Through leaving a message with our call centre using the 1 300 335 436;
- By calling our office directly during office hours on (02) 8320 6710; or
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Normally we try to contact by phone within 24 hours.
2. SEND OUT SAMPLES
Most new customers like to receive samples, which we are pleased to provide free, despatched by express post to your nominated address. We can send a 10cm sample of each decking colour, but most customers want to see one or two colours as they already have a picture of the tone they are looking for.
We always send at least two 10cm samples of our decking so we can include plastic and stainless steel “Invisi-clips” – this allows clients to physically simulate the joining together of boards that occurs in the installation process.
3. PREPARE A QUOTATION
Whilst we are happy to provide indicative costings at an early stage, a detailed quotation based upon the quantity required and delivery location is most accurate; and again prepared without any cost or obligation.
At this stage, we sometimes get involved in the planning process. We are happy to receive formal plans or even sketches with measurements.
We can prepare a “Board Layout Plan” based upon this information to reconfirm the number of decking boards required and give an indication of what the final deck layout will look like. To the right is an example of such a plan.
In some cases we provide one or more revised quotations to reflect either added products or a change in quantity and sometimes colour.
When ordering, allow for both wastage as well as accidental damage during the installation process. The cost of sending a few additional boards is surprisingly expensive with transport costs.
4. FINALISE ORDER
Once a quotation is agreed, we convert to an order and send a request for payment.
If we have stock and delivery is required in the next 7 days, we request 100% payment of the order. Receipt of confirmation of payment commences the despatch process.
If delivery is required further in the future and we have the product in stock then we request a 30% deposit to reserve the stock. When delivery is required the remaining 70% payment is requested to allow the despatch process to commence.
If we do not have stock to meet the order, then we will need to initiate a manufacturing order. In such cases we also request a 30% deposit to secure the new manufacture order. The manufacturing and shipping process to our warehouse (in Brisbane) is generally between 6 to 8 weeks, but is expedited where possible.
Orders incorporate our general Terms of Trade. In most cases any deposit is non-refundable in part or in full if the order is subsequently cancelled.
5. DELIVER PRODUCT
Following confirmation of order and payment, despatch from our warehouse is organised. Currently we have a single warehouse near the Port of Brisbane, Queensland although we intend to open a warehouse in the Sydney region in 2018.
Our warehouse picks the order, including boards, screening and other products and clips and screws and arranges the order on a pallet for transportation.
Customers are asked to confirm delivery of the order to its destination and notify us if there is any damage to the product as delivered.
We would like to help you plan and build a beautiful outdoor living space.
If you want to check the colour or quality of our product, we can express post you free samples.
If you want to know how much your decking might cost, we can provide you with a free quote.
If you have any other questions about our product or the buying process, you can contact us through our webform, by email or by phone.